Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaximus View Post
Well, it's pretty well established by this point that you're a Mike apologist, and that's fine, but you clearly have not watched many prince concerts. You can be an amazing dancer without choreographing "routines" or having background dancers dancing in sync with you. James Brown is a perfect example (ever see him dance?). Mike was definitely all about the routine and he was the best at that, hands down.

Prince was an amazing dancer in his prime, but his focus was on the music and the show as a whole, with a cast of other characters. Mike was all about Mike, which is fine. To each their own.
You obviously prefer Prince and thats fine.... because there is no way no how Prince was a great dancer like you are implying lol

Ive seen his concerts and his dancing mostly consists of splits (in his prime of course but he eventually stopped that because of his hip surgery around the 90s) and he is no where on the same level as far as showmanship/dancing as Jame Brown.

Like I said I love Prince... probably not as much as MJ lol but I do love and respect him greatly. I collect his music and watch his videos and concerts etc. I am actually really upset because I REALLY want to go see him at Essence but it's all booked.

MJ apologist? What exactly do you mean by that? I can still be a MJ fan and still like other artists. What does that have to do with this discussion? I am just tired of people minimizing MJ's abilities and casting him as just an entertainer when he wasn't JUST that. He was an ARTIST, he was a SONGWRITER, he was a PRODUCER, he played INSTRUMENTS, he was INNOVATIVE, he was ARTISTIC, he was a VISIONARY. I am tired of people categorizing him into a box just because he didn't play 50 million instruments.

How do you know that I have never seen a Prince concert or watched any of his concerts?

Also, there is PLENTY of footage of MJ on stage BY HIS SELF entertaining the crowd. So please stop with the "he needed back up dancers and routines"

Clearly you have not seen a MJ concert or a concert where he was with his brothers. All his moves he did in concert when he was on stage by his self were not "rehearsed" and actually were free styled.

Michaels focus was on his MUSIC, PERFORMANCES and MUSIC VIDEOS collectively.

Prince primary focus was on his MUSIC which is why his music videos are not that good. Also, Prince is good but he has some filler music especially over this last decade. I am not sure what has happened with his music.

Last edited by Soulflower; 01-29-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote