Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
If you can compose music on multiple instruments, even one instrument, that's more creativity than making retarded spitting noises in the attempt to imitate drums. Sorry. Unless you can provide videos showcasing Michael Jackson's beat box symphonies pretty sure that's always going to be a category that Prince wins in.

Well I already stated that Prince is obviously the better musician.

I mean that kinda goes without saying lol

However

I just find it more fascinating how people can use other things besides instruments to come up with composition and sound. Everyone can not do that in a creative and artistic way.

Prince is obviously a very creative and artistic artist.

However

I have seen many musicians that I didn't think were that creative so being a musician does not necessarily make someone more creative than someone who isn't.

If you guys are going to watch the video can you please watch the entire video before making your opinion? lol Pretty please even if you don't like MJ. I think it is important because he goes into details how he makes his songs. Here are some different clips of MJ beat boxing and coming up with sounds.

I don't know about anyone else here but I think its very cool how someone can come up with compositions to their songs by using their mouth which requires creativity and a sense of sound, timing, and other things a musician also has to consider as well when composing a song.

I personally think that requires talent to do and is much more intricate than just "retarded" spitting as you say.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote