Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you subscribe to the "grower" school of thought?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Tales from Topographic Oceans is a fine example of an album that I didn't really get at first, but I knew that there was something really great and attention demanding so I gave it a few spins and really attentively immersed myself in it, and while I wont say it's one of my favorite albums, my opinion of it improved drastically from the first initial listen. Relayer to a lesser extent was the same way.
Someday I will get around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah well for me that would be different because I was into Genesis from day one, but taking an example from that, their worst album imo, "Abacab". I did try to like it but I never will. It's never going to grow on me. Some tracks I like but it will always be my least favourite of those and nobody and no amount of listens is going to convince me otherwise.
Yeah well for me that would be different because I loved the album Abacab. The least favorite album was We Can't Dance even allmusic gave it a lower rating than Abacab. Every time I see you complain about the album I give it another listen, trying to find something wrong with it and I always find it an incredible album. Phil's lyrics were a bit loopy. However I thought Tony Banks was at his peak he was/is amazing. Like it or not you have to admit Like It Or Not is one of their best tracks ever.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote