Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:23 AM   #207 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
So because you don't really get something. You think it is okay to intrude on someone's life and the decisions they make. This is the same thing that old men in congress do think they can make decisions for what women should and shouldn't be able to do with their vagina and that is ****ed up.
I don't get a lot of things. Murder, rape, the pain you go throw during child birth... Not being able to be a viable parent and aborting your fetus is pretty far down on the list, but yeah, I kind do think that's pretty senseless.

I'm not making a choice with a woman's vagina, the woman is making a choice with someone else's life, whether they have the capacity to think or not, they're still a living entity, and a human being at that.

Quote:
There is a big difference between killing a fetus and a kid morally. They are in no way similar.
How so? Morally, they're both living human beings, one just hasn't developed, and for some reason is seen as "ok" to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
I have similar thoughts to this about abortion, adoption and the child's parental issues. Children who don't know their biological parents is far from being the only serious parental issues to have. I don't understand how that's a substantial reason as to why a woman should get an abortion.

If it was some serious deformity or some severe case of Neurofibromatosis then I can somewhat understand.

(perhaps the "caring" statement was a little off.)
I'm just being a devil's advocate because I see both sides of the argument, and I think that people are entirely too sure of their opinions on this particular issue. On the other side of the coin, the fetus doesn't have senses, so it would never even know the concept of existence, and it could be seen as "mercy" if the parent couldn't be an adequate provider, or as you said, if it had some sort of birth defect or if it potentially endangered the mother's life.

I actually support the right to choose, mainly because it could potentially endanger a mother's life, and because the fetus hasn't developed senses, so it isn't like killing an infant that can feel pain, and has experienced life.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 02-10-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote