Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #208 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I'm just being a devil's advocate because I see both sides of the argument, and I think that people are entirely too sure of their opinions on this particular issue. On the other side of the coin, the fetus doesn't have senses, so it would never even know the concept of existence, and it could be seen as "mercy" if the parent couldn't be an adequate provider, or as you said, if it had some sort of birth defect or if it potentially endangered the mother's life.

I actually support the right to choose, mainly because it could potentially endanger a mother's life, and because the fetus hasn't developed senses, so it isn't like killing an infant that can feel pain, and has experienced life.
I'm also pro-choice, they have a right to that decision and I respect that. Biologically, medically and circumstantially I can see how it can be problematic. It's a different issue setting in stone the kid's future mentalities and its conclusions they may develop, and halting it for that reason. I'm not exactly against it, just unconvinced.

It also doesn't seem much different from saying "My parents were abusive, I should have been aborted."