Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Surely there is something in every genre for everyone? Simply a matter of not finding the right band/album/song either through a lack of luck, or effort.
Who is to say you have to like everything you hear or that is out there? If someone doesn't like something who is to say it is because a lack of effort? They are definitely taking some kind of effort in the things they like. There are certain genres I don't like and I don't expect to like anything in them. It's not because a lack or luck or effort. If you don't see something there immediately I don't think it is necessary to dig deeper until to find something. Why waste time looking through things you don't like when you can be enjoying the things you like?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote