Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #121 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i actually like pop country, its very catchy and good to drink to in small towns
I agree.

I would take pop country any day over the heavily twang traditional stuff.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #122 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Morrissey whines in a passionate voice. Panic at the Disco's vocalist whines in a... ehm, whiney voice. I'm tired of all the faux-emo and faux-punk bands with those vocals. It's cancerous.
Remember Yellowcard, Simple plan and New found glory? How great were they?
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #123 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 5,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
I get you on the pop-country thing, but not the emo thing. What kind of emo are you thinking about?
"Classic" Weezer, Dashboard Confessional, etc. But then again, I actually like Sunny Day Real Estate and some of their ilk so I probably should have been more specific.
__________________
Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor
when the looting starts the shooting starts <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
C H Y N A
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #124 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Emo and most pop-country.

I feel sorry for the prog and black metal haters out there, but hey...ya reap what you sow.
I like Prog, but I don't like black metal. It think there is some Emo and Pop Country out there that's worth listening. I think Pop Country has improved. A few bands brought back some Old Timey influences to Country. There is a some Folk influences in indie bands and some indie influence in today's Country bands. I don't think it's the greatest but it has evolved and improved over the last 3 decades.

There are some good Emo bands you just have to plug with someone who knows them.... a nod to whitlelake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #125 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Surely there is something in every genre for everyone? Simply a matter of not finding the right band/album/song either through a lack of luck, or effort.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #126 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Kanye West is overrated.

He is a talented producer and I liked his first album and My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy but he has not made anything that I would define as groundbreaking or iconic.

There are way better rappers. He is a better producer than he is a rapper.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #127 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Kanye West is overrated.

He is a talented producer and I liked his first album and My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy but he has not made anything that I would define as groundbreaking or iconic.

There are way better rappers. He is a better producer than he is a rapper.
Is that irrational? That sounds like a fairly common opinion, even though his fanboys glorify him.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #128 (permalink)
Say something vague
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,549
Default

I have an absolutely irrational hatred for hair metal and glam rock, people ask me why I hate it and I can never give them an answer that makes sense. I just get so annoyed by all of it.
__________________
Charlemagne had eyes like a lover, but last winter there was weather and his eyes they iced right over.

My Last.fm
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #129 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 5,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I have an absolutely irrational hatred for hair metal and glam rock, people ask me why I hate it and I can never give them an answer that makes sense. I just get so annoyed by all of it.
Welcome to the No-Fun Club, where guitar solos are forbidden and partying whilst rocking out is NOT ALLOWED11!
__________________
Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor
when the looting starts the shooting starts <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
C H Y N A
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Surely there is something in every genre for everyone? Simply a matter of not finding the right band/album/song either through a lack of luck, or effort.
Who is to say you have to like everything you hear or that is out there? If someone doesn't like something who is to say it is because a lack of effort? They are definitely taking some kind of effort in the things they like. There are certain genres I don't like and I don't expect to like anything in them. It's not because a lack or luck or effort. If you don't see something there immediately I don't think it is necessary to dig deeper until to find something. Why waste time looking through things you don't like when you can be enjoying the things you like?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.