Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I often see rappers like Dr. Dre or Snoop Dog getting more credit that Ice Cube from that era and I find him to be more important than them.
More credit or they're just in the public eye more now?
I'm beginning to wonder if you know the difference.

Obviously Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog have a higher profile than Ice Cube in 2014. Dr. Dre has a hugely successful brand and has produced loads of big selling artists in the past decade. He's not still getting attention now just because he used to be in NWA.
Snoop Dog has become a personality rather than an artist. He's become of the most recognisable people in the genre, even my mum who's in her 60s and has no interest in hip hop at all knows who Snoop Dogg is, but you try finding me someone who's bought any of the records he's released since the mid 90s.

As for Ice Cube he hasn't really done anything to appeal to anyone outside of the fan base he already has since the early 90s and has had a few minor movie roles, so obviously the others get more attention now.

Tons of people have pointed out to you where Ice Cube gets the credit he's due but for some reason you seem think that people who had their best days over 20 years ago should be in the public eye today. It doesn't work like that.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote