Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #447 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
It was directed at 216's last sentence in his other post. I totally believe in having to work hard for what you have but there are definitely bigger barriers to hop over if you're not already from a safe and stable background.

And what you're describing is part of the problem. Private schools are one thing but public schools need to be equally educational across the board, k-12. You can't expect someone who lives in hell and goes to ****ty schools with other people who live in hell and with teachers who likely don't give a **** because they aren't paid enough to just shrug it all off and make something of themselves. Again, some do and kudos to them but an overwhelming large percentage don't. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.
Gotcha.

I agree with everything you said regarding public schools. Its certainly time for the taxes we endure as individuals to actually go back into the schooling they have taken from us. Would be nice if they had programs where kids from private schools could help minorities in some type of after school program. Its one thing to learn while you're in class, but its another to acclimate your self to studying at a higher level when your teacher has left for the day.