Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #441 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

I agree it has to do more with poverty status than race... cause c.r.e.a.m.

But I do believe many ppl do wish to make others feel guilty and they have a way of casually dismissin accomplishments n success. The motive bein it justifies their own loser lifestyle and allows them to be victims. Its easy for some to point at others and attribute their success to priv and ignore their hard work.

When tslkin bout things like national stats u can see trends like blacks bein more poor or not educated. Or women makin less money or whatever..... but how does that factor in a ad pecific situation.... it doesn't. The logic of some ppl is bssically that stats show whites live in better areas with more stable families therefore their success is easy or tainted. Which is very dumb logic
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #442 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
I agree it has to do more with poverty status than race... cause c.r.e.a.m.

But I do believe many ppl do wish to make others feel guilty and they have a way of casually dismissin accomplishments n success. The motive bein it justifies their own loser lifestyle and allows them to be victims. Its easy for some to point at others and attribute their success to priv and ignore their hard work.

When tslkin bout things like national stats u can see trends like blacks bein more poor or not educated. Or women makin less money or whatever..... but how does that factor in a ad pecific situation.... it doesn't. The logic of some ppl is bssically that stats show whites live in better areas with more stable families therefore their success is easy or tainted. Which is very dumb logic
I think its a fair point that regardless of your place in society you still have to work for what you get. I'd even go as far as saying most of the well to do friends i've had in life had to work harder because their fathers weren't gonna give them anything to instill a good work ethic in them.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #443 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

Almost as dumb as discrediting feminism because a few people are disingenuous.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #444 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Almost as dumb as discrediting feminism because a few people are disingenuous.
I think it's much more than a few
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #445 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Almost as dumb as discrediting feminism because a few people are disingenuous.
Not sure if that was directed at me. But I live in South Orange County California. Its all well to do people. Therefore what I detailed experiencing was done on a daily basis. Also something being missed here is the fact that the curriculum of the schools in that area is at such a high level, minorities for the most part couldn't compete at that academic level to begin with, female or male.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #446 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

It was directed at 216's last sentence in his other post. I totally believe in having to work hard for what you have but there are definitely bigger barriers to hop over if you're not already from a safe and stable background.

And what you're describing is part of the problem. Private schools are one thing but public schools need to be equally educational across the board, k-12. You can't expect someone who lives in hell and goes to ****ty schools with other people who live in hell and with teachers who likely don't give a **** because they aren't paid enough to just shrug it all off and make something of themselves. Again, some do and kudos to them but an overwhelming large percentage don't. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 02-19-2014 at 05:18 PM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #447 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
It was directed at 216's last sentence in his other post. I totally believe in having to work hard for what you have but there are definitely bigger barriers to hop over if you're not already from a safe and stable background.

And what you're describing is part of the problem. Private schools are one thing but public schools need to be equally educational across the board, k-12. You can't expect someone who lives in hell and goes to ****ty schools with other people who live in hell and with teachers who likely don't give a **** because they aren't paid enough to just shrug it all off and make something of themselves. Again, some do and kudos to them but an overwhelming large percentage don't. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.
Gotcha.

I agree with everything you said regarding public schools. Its certainly time for the taxes we endure as individuals to actually go back into the schooling they have taken from us. Would be nice if they had programs where kids from private schools could help minorities in some type of after school program. Its one thing to learn while you're in class, but its another to acclimate your self to studying at a higher level when your teacher has left for the day.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #448 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie kid View Post
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #449 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
It was directed at 216's last sentence in his other post. I totally believe in having to work hard for what you have but there are definitely bigger barriers to hop over if you're not already from a safe and stable background.

And what you're describing is part of the problem. Private schools are one thing but public schools need to be equally educational across the board, k-12. You can't expect someone who lives in hell and goes to ****ty schools with other people who live in hell and with teachers who likely don't give a **** because they aren't paid enough to just shrug it all off and make something of themselves. Again, some do and kudos to them but an overwhelming large percentage don't. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.
Ok maybe we r thinkin along the same lines in the sense that money is a much bigger factor than race or gender. Which is why I'm sayin.... whats the deal with the whole priv thing?? Cause stats suggest whites have it easier how does that apply to someone like me or any individual?? Its misusin stats to think otherwise.

Which is why theres no point for anyone to bring up priv..... other than to justify their own loser life by taintin the hard work of others.


As for the schools thing I see both sides of things with no fix. Nobody wants to waste money on the ghetto. And yes its a waste. Nice things don't last there cause of the ppl who kice there. Yes I'm sayin what many wont....that its the ghettos fault the ghetto can't have nice things. And most teachers who worked for that degree don't wanna get paid less to do more for no recognition and I totally get that. Everyone should
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #450 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
Ok maybe we r thinkin along the same lines in the sense that money is a much bigger factor than race or gender. Which is why I'm sayin.... whats the deal with the whole priv thing?? Cause stats suggest whites have it easier how does that apply to someone like me or any individual?? Its misusin stats to think otherwise.
When it comes to money, idk. Things in the world are so complicated now it's hard to pin point exactly why there's disparity and I definitely don't have any answers. Some things to consider though, as Brik's vid pointed out: as a straight white man you're significantly less likely to be racially profiled, sexually harassed, belittled for your gender, raped, or deal with day-to-day racism i.e. people clutching their bags when they walk by you.

Quote:
Which is why theres no point for anyone to bring up priv..... other than to justify their own loser life by taintin the hard work of others.
Again, the well-meaning people who bring up privilege are just pointing out that well-off white males (a majority of society) don't face the same challenges others do. I'm not saying people don't use that fact to excuse their own choices but opinions from characters like that really shouldn't be taken seriously, IMO.

Quote:
As for the schools thing I see both sides of things with no fix. Nobody wants to waste money on the ghetto. And yes its a waste. Nice things don't last there cause of the ppl who kice there. Yes I'm sayin what many wont....that its the ghettos fault the ghetto can't have nice things. And most teachers who worked for that degree don't wanna get paid less to do more for no recognition and I totally get that. Everyone should
I've thought about this for a long ass time. I really can't think of a way to better those kinds of communities either. I had one idea, integrating students from both affluent and poorer neighborhoods into the same school districts and having equally adequate faculties. But idk how well that would work. Again, I don't have answers but I make an effort to understand the questions.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.