Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #450 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
Ok maybe we r thinkin along the same lines in the sense that money is a much bigger factor than race or gender. Which is why I'm sayin.... whats the deal with the whole priv thing?? Cause stats suggest whites have it easier how does that apply to someone like me or any individual?? Its misusin stats to think otherwise.
When it comes to money, idk. Things in the world are so complicated now it's hard to pin point exactly why there's disparity and I definitely don't have any answers. Some things to consider though, as Brik's vid pointed out: as a straight white man you're significantly less likely to be racially profiled, sexually harassed, belittled for your gender, raped, or deal with day-to-day racism i.e. people clutching their bags when they walk by you.

Quote:
Which is why theres no point for anyone to bring up priv..... other than to justify their own loser life by taintin the hard work of others.
Again, the well-meaning people who bring up privilege are just pointing out that well-off white males (a majority of society) don't face the same challenges others do. I'm not saying people don't use that fact to excuse their own choices but opinions from characters like that really shouldn't be taken seriously, IMO.

Quote:
As for the schools thing I see both sides of things with no fix. Nobody wants to waste money on the ghetto. And yes its a waste. Nice things don't last there cause of the ppl who kice there. Yes I'm sayin what many wont....that its the ghettos fault the ghetto can't have nice things. And most teachers who worked for that degree don't wanna get paid less to do more for no recognition and I totally get that. Everyone should
I've thought about this for a long ass time. I really can't think of a way to better those kinds of communities either. I had one idea, integrating students from both affluent and poorer neighborhoods into the same school districts and having equally adequate faculties. But idk how well that would work. Again, I don't have answers but I make an effort to understand the questions.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote