Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #1466 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
heyo anyone wanna help me out here. Im thinking about finally getting a laptop or tablet but dont know much about either (or the difference between the two in the context of what id want it for). Mostly i would be using it for work related stuff, predominantly excel and word. I am leaning toward the Microsoft tablet, but dont know enough about it even with the reviews ive read. As far as i can tell, if i get the keyboard extension it should work fine for what im using it for, plus its way less expensive than a laptop.

anyone have the microsoft tablet or know if its total shhit or whatever? Or if something like the macbook would be better?
Not sure why someone would pay all that extra money to buy a mac for spreadsheets and documents. Really, you're ok with just buying the cheapest thing you can find, so long as it's a decently reputable brand.

Lenovo is coming up in the world. Maybe you can search around on their lowest end laptop models. If you need a tablet, then just go with the lowest price you can find. Spreadsheets and documents are seriously not the kind of thing you need to plan for in terms of computing power. Really, you just need to look at cost and longevity. And now days, that's pretty much built in.