Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm trying to stop drinking beer.
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yeah I noticed you mentioned earlier that you don't like sweeter stuff as well and that's like my weakness when I get mix drinks or when I chase stuff. Clear alcohol is good for mixing with other juices.
I've historically had an aversion to mixed drinks because I tend to drink a lot and I'd prefer not downing all that mixer. Gin + tonics were always ok because the mixer is light, but it was always more trouble than it was worth, for me.

Now that I've discovered my taste for scotch, it works out well for me because I can just drink it straight. I've never been able to do that with other whiskey or any clears. I think I can finally cut down my beer intake with JWB particularly, because it has more flavor than the Glenfiddich and what I've been doing is just buying like a 6 pack of good beer and having a couple scotches, then following with a beer. Rinse, repeat. It really helps to spread things out for me.

I did that last night and this morning when I woke up, I felt SO MUCH BETTER than I normally would. Because to achieve the level of buzz I'm used to, I normally have to drink about 16 high powered beers. Last night I drank 6 beers and like 4 very small glasses of scotch and I was good the whole night. It's quite honestly a godsend.