Music Banter - View Single Post - Very scared of playing my own music...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Anonimous
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
This is how i felt when i first came here, that ppl here like to pounce and misinterpret everything you say to make a joke out of you.

Regarding your OP
You seem to have very high standards for yourself which is not bad but i would suggests to you that instead of focusing on the technical aspect of your music focus on the feeling you want to convey in your songs that way you're attached to the piece even if it's not perfect.

I say this because you never stop learning from music, the more you learn you learn, the more your sound evolves and turns into something different but if you don't put your heart in your songs and you just seek perfection you won't ever be proud of your work cause it will never be good enough.

That said, i don't play the piano, i play the guitar and sing so maybe the way we compose music is not the same.
thanks, you gave great advice.

Although i have never played the guitar, i too sing, and i could even say that i love singing as much as i love playing the piano, although i have had Much more experience with the piano. I have written a few songs, and sadly i feel the same way about them as my piano pieces. I agree, composition should be more about the meaning the piece has for me and the emotion i put into it, and that's the one thing that stays the same, no matter what instrument you are composing for. I'll focus more on that from now on
Anonimous is offline   Reply With Quote