Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #7955 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Que? Do you still live in the United States? Raped no! But giving into to the flashy bull**** that was handed to the artists yes. If there is one thing the industry as well as the artist themselves are guilty of it's greed.

How can you be color blind and racist ? Rethink that one for me will you...Or lay it one me. What the hell do you mean?
YES, raped. It is a bold word but I am using it because that is the severity of what has happened. Like I said Hip Hop was much more than a genre, it was a culture that has been pretty much destroyed and continues to destroy the black community as we speak.

Color blind is pretending to ignore race and acting as if race or ethnicity has no meaning. So it is pretty much ignoring cultural and ethnic differences. It is not taking into consideration that cultural differences exist and those differences influences perspectives and experiences that will differ for someone of a different ethnic.

Racism is creating a ignorant superiority negative attitude or overt action against someone because their ethnicity/race is different from theres. It is deep seeded hatred against someone because of a different race or skin tone.

Yea they are different. Racism is acknowledging those differences and making a decision not to like people based off those differences. Color blindness is ignoring those differences all together.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote