Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 01:29 AM   #8011 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
My initial point was angry, violent hip-hop songs has been eventually geared towards both white and black people, gang violence for example, when you directly justified those attitudes because of how whites oppressed blacks. I wasn't talking about what hip-hop initially was created for.

The only thing I can tell this far is you're saying real hip-hop is just 'black people backlashing white people's unjust treatment." If that's the case, I'm glad it went fake because it's exploring other ideas and subjects now.

It is important to know what it was created for because then you might have an understanding of why some of those themes are in those songs.

You don't "get it"

All you are doing is giving adjectives to the songs. You label them angry and violent. What exactly are these songs talking about? These rap songs are not just angry and violent for no reason.

I am not saying that real hip hop is black people bashing white people's unfair treatment but since you do not "get it" it is natural you would think of that in a generic way. I was enlightening you on how Hip Hop was created and the history of black culture in America because when you understand that you will understand why black people are angry in rap songs. Why black people bash white people and the system.

So you are happy the establishment perpetuates black people as hoes, sluts, weak minded, ignorant, pimps, gang bangers, etc? You are happy that you do not have to hear black people "complain" about their struggles?

Is this board the establishment? lol
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote