Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #8012 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
It is important to know what it was created for because then you might have an understanding of why some of those themes are in those songs.
DJ made a point about this which was ignored, so I'll leave it.

Quote:
You don't "get it"
I think I do, not sure about you though.

Quote:
All you are doing is giving adjectives to the songs. What exactly are these songs talking about? You label them angry and violent. These rap songs are not just angry and violent for no reason
Nope, I explained what's behind it, which was obviously missed. You can go ahead and ignore it if you want.

Quote:
I am not saying that real hip hop is black people bashing white people's unfair treatment but since you do not "get it" it is natural you would think of that in a generic way. I was enlightening you on how Hip Hop was created and the history of black culture in America because when you understand that you will understand why black people are angry in rap songs. Why black people bash white people and the system.
"Backlash" not "bash."

Quote:
So you are happy the establishment perpetuates black people as hoes, sluts, weak minded, ignorant, pimps, gang bangers, etc? You are happy that you do not have to hear black people "complain" about their struggles?
I don't listen to music these days for political reasons.

Quote:
Is this board the establishment? lol
Yep, we like pimps, hoes, sluts and gang-bangers.