Music Banter - View Single Post - The Poseur Cave
Thread: The Poseur Cave
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #100 (permalink)
Isbjørn
cooler commie than elph

Briks' bitching entry in which he bitches about his trip to Snow-Hell

Finally, I'm back in Journalland. School sent me to a youth hostel, which resembled the Overlook Hotel just a tiny bit, where I was forced to sleep for two nights. Of course, there was snow, and lots of it. That means skiing. Let me clear up these things:
  • Not all Norwegians love skiing
  • For many, skiing is only tradition
  • Most Norwegians are only averagely skilled at skiing
I don't really like skiing. I prefer walking, by far. Also, I don't like snow, at least not lots of it.
Imagine a great, green valley. Tall mountains surround you at all sides, and at your left flows a river. It's a beautiful scene. Then imagine the same valley with the same mountains and the same river, except someone shat snow on it all, like two meters. No matter which way you turn, there's snow, and there's no escaping it. Also, it's cold, so you have to put on forty layers of clothes, which after a while makes you hot as balls. Then you proceed to take some of the clothes off, which in turn makes you cold as frozen balls.

Then, of course, there are the downsides of sharing a room with someone. You start hating them just a little bit more for every day that passes. Soon, you're so fed up with all the "your mom" jokes and farting contests that you just want to curl up in fetal position under a blanket.
From staying at the "Overlook Hotel", I've acquired:

• Traumas from the dirty floors/walls/toilets/everythings
  • Sunburns, though mostly on my nose (I look like Rudolph)
  • A hatred for snow
But frankly, it wasn't all that bad, yet I will not cover the (roughly) 90% of it that I liked. It's not fun to write about, you know?
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote