Music Banter - View Single Post - The German Language
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Kartoffelbrei
una ola nunca viene sola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Jah, ein leibe Deutschland.
What? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I learned German at school because my late Granddad was teaching himself how to learn the language and he wrote letters to me in German with the English translation, before he died. I have a German heritage with my last name being German, based on a town in Germany where my ancestors came from. We have our own shield and family tree in a Dahlenburg book which includes a diary of my great great great Grandfather who's mother wrote in a diary on the ship to New Zealand. I eventually want to teach myself the language again as I have forgotten a lot of the words I knew from school. I plan on visiting the town and the rest of Germany when I have got some money saved.
Dahlenburg? That's in the north, right? Ya, the north of Germany is kinda flat, but it's still very beautiful. Especially because of the ocean and the vegetation there
Yeah, you should really try learning the language. It's a tricky language, but you have the best chance of learning it well if you talk english, i guess. the languages are still very similar.

Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!

~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote