Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
una ola nunca viene sola
 
Kartoffelbrei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miesbach, Oberbayern
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Ja! It's a constant learning experience!
See, in the context of that story, it means
pretty much what I had heard that it meant -
an attempt at friendship (but I suppose
regardless of outcome). It would be like my
attempt at telling Trollheart about Arbeit Macht Frei
being a near masterpiece of prog and that the late vocalist,
Demetrio Stratos, was an icon of experimental music vocalists.
It probably would doom any chance of future possibilities of freundschaftsbezeigungen.
I think you might have solved the riddle

Let's listen to German Pagan Metal, lol



Ok..Here german sounds really hard
__________________


Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!


~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Five Feet of Fury
 
Spike*Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: suburbanite
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
To me, German has kind of a sing-song quality to it and has some words that I actually find kind of cute sounding.
schnuckiputzi
Spike*Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
una ola nunca viene sola
 
Kartoffelbrei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miesbach, Oberbayern
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
schnuckiputzi
aww where did you learn that word, lil honigbienchen?


@ rostasi:
__________________


Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!


~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Five Feet of Fury
 
Spike*Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: suburbanite
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrei View Post
aww where did you learn that word, lil honigbienchen?


@ rostasi:
I took a couple years of German back in highschool and was fortunate enough to visit Munich when I was a kid. I've forgotten most of what I used to know, but I love that word
Spike*Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Jah, ein leibe Deutschland.

I learned German at school because my late Granddad was teaching himself how to learn the language and he wrote letters to me in German with the English translation, before he died. I have a German heritage with my last name being German, based on a town in Germany where my ancestors came from. We have our own shield and family tree in a Dahlenburg book which includes a diary of my great great great Grandfather who's mother wrote in a diary on the ship to New Zealand. I eventually want to teach myself the language again as I have forgotten a lot of the words I knew from school. I plan on visiting the town and the rest of Germany when I have got some money saved.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
una ola nunca viene sola
 
Kartoffelbrei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miesbach, Oberbayern
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Jah, ein leibe Deutschland.
What? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I learned German at school because my late Granddad was teaching himself how to learn the language and he wrote letters to me in German with the English translation, before he died. I have a German heritage with my last name being German, based on a town in Germany where my ancestors came from. We have our own shield and family tree in a Dahlenburg book which includes a diary of my great great great Grandfather who's mother wrote in a diary on the ship to New Zealand. I eventually want to teach myself the language again as I have forgotten a lot of the words I knew from school. I plan on visiting the town and the rest of Germany when I have got some money saved.
Dahlenburg? That's in the north, right? Ya, the north of Germany is kinda flat, but it's still very beautiful. Especially because of the ocean and the vegetation there
Yeah, you should really try learning the language. It's a tricky language, but you have the best chance of learning it well if you talk english, i guess. the languages are still very similar.
__________________


Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!


~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrei View Post
What? :P



Dahlenburg? That's in the north, right? Ya, the north of Germany is kinda flat, but it's still very beautiful. Especially because of the ocean and the vegetation there
Yeah, you should really try learning the language. It's a tricky language, but you have the best chance of learning it well if you talk english, i guess. the languages are still very similar.
Lol, you don't speak the language?

Yes it's in the north, Outside of Hamburg. That's the reason why my family on my dad's side is pale because of the ancestors coming from the north to NZ.

It's actually very close to English and there is 27 letters instead of 26. I can't wait to go there and see the beautiful countrysides. I will make sure I have a good grasp of the language before I visit though. I believe a lot of Germans can speak English as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
una ola nunca viene sola
 
Kartoffelbrei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miesbach, Oberbayern
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Lol, you don't speak the language?

Yes it's in the north, Outside of Hamburg. That's the reason why my family on my dad's side is pale because of the ancestors coming from the north to NZ.

It's actually very close to English and there is 27 letters instead of 26. I can't wait to go there and see the beautiful countrysides. I will make sure I have a good grasp of the language before I visit though. I believe a lot of Germans can speak English as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Natürlich sprech' ich deutsch ;P I was born here
The sentence you posted just means "Yes, a body Germany.", hehe
That's why i got confused


Actually there are 30 letters, if you count ä, ö and ü, but they are just ae, oe and ue. You should really visit bavaria, if you get to germany. it's so amazing here. we have lakes 'n mountains 'n snow 'n beauty everywhere

Yeah, english is taught here in 3rd grade and all the rest of the time in school
__________________


Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!


~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

I thought liebe meant love? Lol obviously I have some work to do on my German skills!

Oh okay, I thought they were just a, o and u with dots?

Oh wow that sounds amazing, hook a brother up! It sounds like New Zealand beauty wise except we only have snow on the mountains mostly. It's actually great to talk to someone from Germany so stick around bb!

Yes I thought English would be mandatory.

Have you traveled at all?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
una ola nunca viene sola
 
Kartoffelbrei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miesbach, Oberbayern
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I thought liebe meant love? Lol obviously I have some work to do on my German skills!

Oh okay, I thought they were just a, o and u with dots?

Oh wow that sounds amazing, hook a brother up! It sounds like New Zealand beauty wise except we only have snow on the mountains mostly. It's actually great to talk to someone from Germany so stick around bb!

Yes I thought English would be mandatory.

Have you traveled at all?
Yeah Liebe means love you wrote leibe

yeah the dots alter the sound of those vowels. they make them very very different. maybe the internet can show you some examples of how much they differ.


Yes, bavaria is seriously amazing. I love it so much. I've travelled a lot in my life, but i've never found a place, that was as beautiful as my home
Yeah, I've been to France 'n Spain for a year in 2012, with my best friend, her dog and our Volkswagen bus. And I've travelled through Germany, so i've been in the north, also in the east, berlin, leipzig, in baden württemberg(stuttgart) and cologne and bonn. Also i've been to switzerland and austria a few times. And a week in Holland, but that doesn't count, because i was ultra high 24/7. And to the UK. Oh yeah, and i've been to the USA for 6 weeks and later again for 3 weeks, but I only saw the west
__________________


Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!


~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.