Music Banter - View Single Post - Tutti-Frutti! Silenzio's Colourful Mix of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Default Nocturne - Wild Nothing

Nocturne - Wild Nothing

Nocturne, in former years a musical composition that was inspired by the night, is the name of the in 2012 released album by the American indie rock band called Wild Nothing.
I recently stumbled across this band and they reminded me a bit on The Last Dinosaurs, so I thought I'd give them a listen. They've won another fan!
All in all, that cover keeps its promise - Dreamy, catchy and synthetic music will allow you to ascend to a musical wonderland for a while.

Track list
1. Shadow
2. Midnight Song
3. Nocturne
4. Through the Grass
5. Only Heather
6. This Chain Won't Break
7. Disappear Always
8. Paradise
9. Counting Days
10. The Blue Dress
11. Rheya

The first song, Shadow has a lovely bass line and touching lyrics, reminding you on the first sweet disappointment in love.
Midnight Song lets you enjoy some awesome guitar-effects and cool drums! I like sad lyrics to upbeating music.
Like Taiga told you in Toradora: If its just sweet then lets put salt on!
All jokes aside, the next song, Nocturne, is really beautiful. 80's sound, catchy tune. The lyrics portray twisted feelings.

The following track, Through the Grass, has some meditative layer, the vocals are so serene in this track. Interesting snyth-bridge, too!
Only Heather - I always think on Heather Biblow of The Nanny! Besides the fact that I think of a Paris-Hilton-Alike the song is quite enjoyable.
It is a bit repetitive, but in a good way. After that you get thrown into a track with a cheerful guitar strumming pattern - This Chain Won't Break.
I like those tiny synth-elements at the end as well, like stardust floating in space!
I'm too hidden to awake so I disappear always!, so the lyrics. True words, despite the fact that I like being on my own quite often.
Paradise has got some discotheque flair, though I like the mix of this song. Chill-step related, but not really ambient!
The guitar melody in Counting Days may be a bit monotone - always the same intervals, but perhaps this emphasizes the lyrics.
The Blue Dress is a song about imaginary love. Moreover there's an interesting xylophone sound, creates a dreamy atmosphere.
The last song is an good soundtrack for reflecting - the guitar echo in Rheya leaves you with mixed feelings.

So all of those songs have on in common, they are guitar-heavy - the songs contain a lot of guitar effects, perfect shoegazing!
If you like alternative rock and dream pop, you might want to give this album a chance.