Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #8061 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

If you ever decide to look into more power metal then I'm sure your appreciation of those bands will grow and your like for Dragonforce will decrease just like people tend to like Slipknot less and less when they start listening to more and more metal.

Oh and to Briks, obviously you should make up your own mind, but listening to an entire Dragonforce album is probably not going to be a very rewarding experience. All the songs sound pretty much exactly the same: weedly weedly verse/chorus, weedly weedly verse/chorus, even more weedly weedly solo that lasts for at least two minutes (I've counted), and then weedly weedly verse/chorus. Granted, plenty of bands do this but Dragonforce make an art form out of putting as little variety as possible into their albums. Honestly there's probably about as much variety on one of their albums as on a death metal album.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote