Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #8064 (permalink)
GD
???pp? ??snW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantic Debaser View Post
Yeah, I may be going by somewhat few sources in assessing which one is typically regarded as the greatest of the two, but I do see a general tendency towards partially holding the more abrasive tracks on Zen Arcade against it, and instead favor the more consistent melodicism of NDR.

That, and I know for a fact that some people on this site rate NDR a good deal higher than Zen Arcade, hence I consider the opinion unpopular in Music Banter terms as well.
But have you got everyone on Musicbanter's opinion regarding Zen Arcade vs New Day Rising? I prefer Zen Arcade a tiny bit more than NDR. Take that into account. That said, neither of them is my favourite Husker Du album.
Well of course I haven't got every MusicBanter member's, or even every regular's opinion on the matter, that would be damn near impossible. Note that I said "some people on this site".
(Maybe I should start a Vs thread to gather opinions on it...)
Quote:
Quote:
Also, wouldn't the mere fact that they're typically held in almost equally high regard make the suggestion that one is better than the other unpopular in and of itself?
No because I said almost equally. One's bound to be favoured slightly over the other.
That bit was to an extent intended as a joke (hence the blinking smiley) so you may ignore it. I did know that that argument wasn't quite coherent, lol.