Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:08 PM   #8067 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
YES! Dragonforce!

I remember searching in my friends cd collection and finding like a Metal mix Cd which had Rammstein, Perfect circle and 'Through the fire and the flames' by Dragonforce.

And when i first heard it i started laughing cause to me it sounded like exaggerated Megaman music lol
i actually made fun of it for a long time but eventually it grew on me and now i think it's pretty epic (still sounds like music from a Megaman stage though)

I think if you like DF, the songs by Blind Guardian you'd like would be the ultra fast ones, like "Ride into Obsession." Instead of Battlefield like someone else posted. Also the band called Ascension from the UK is very similar to Dragonforce, so you might like them too, but here's my unpopular opinion: I think Blind Guardian is the only consistently high quality Power Metal band in existence. Sure other Power Metal bands have good albums and songs, but pretty much every other Power Metal band to me has more bland songs than awesome songs, and Blind Guardian is the only one to really brake the Power Metal curse for me, having more great songs than not.

Also, Uaral is the best South American Metal band.

Gallowbraid is better than Agalloch.
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote