Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
That doesn't even make sense. An album got rave reviews over how it was released? You do know that reviews are actually based off of the music that are on albums right?

You honestly believe all music reviews are strictly based on the music and NOTHING else?

Quote:
You may not like Beyonce because of whatever personal issues you have with her
I don't have any personal issues with her because I don't know her personally.

I just think she is outrageously overrated and makes bland music.

Quote:
but the album was worth all the reviews that it did get.
Actually the album is not.

I listened to the entire album and the album is not a 9/10 or 5/5 stars like all the critics were giving that album.

Rihanna and Lady Gaga make the same type of music and have the same type of lyrics but they get poor reviews while they gave that Beyonce album 5/5 stars for the same music they make?

They gave her those ratings because it was alot of hype around the way she released it not because it was such a innovative album.

Quote:
I'm slightly offended that you put Kelis on the same level as Janelle Monae. You should be ashamed of that.
I did not place her on the same level as Janelle. I said female artists like Janelle and Kelis are more talented and more interesting... and they are.

Kelis has a great discography and her new album is fire.

She does a better Lady Gaga than Lady Gaga does herself.

You obviously have not listened to her entire discography or watched her videos.

Quote:
People wouldn't have spent their money on an album that was as **** as you are pretending it is. She got around 600,000 dollars worth of digital sales in three days.
Do you understand how marketing works?

Her team dropped that album with flashy videos attached to the songs during Christmas time. She did it after Lady Gaga released her album, after Justin released his album, after Katy Perry released her album and so forth.

Her team dropped the album without telling anybody which garnered hype around her release. Those initial sales were because of the way she dropped it. Not to mention you had to buy the album before actually listening to the songs. Whoever brought the album were bamboozled by a PR tactic. I know some people who got it that regret getting it because they said she was trying to hard and the songs sucked.

No one doesn't talk about that album and the sells have dropped. Who still talks about that album or the songs? It has just been what 3 1/2 months since its released and it has already been old news.

Quote:
XO, Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love, Partition and Flawless are all single worthy tracks. Only three out of the five I have named have been singles so far but I'm sure she'll probably make the track with Drake be a single even though it's not the best song imo.
She leaked flawless over the summer and she received negative reviews. She also received negative reviews for that stupid Drunk in Love song where she disrespects Tina Turner. I would sue Jay Z and Beyonce if I was Tina Turner. Those other singles are not single worthy and I notice folks talked more about how naked she was in the videos versus the quality of the actual songs.

Quote:
You should definitely give it a try and see how you feel about it. She mixes a lot of different sub genres on the album. Some retro soul, alternative R&B, synth pop, it is a bit all over.
I did and I don't care for the album. I think she tries to hard, is shallow and follows trends. She was copying Lady Gaga and Rihanna all on this album and in the videos. At this point in her career, she should not be stripping half naked in her videos and her lyrics could be more maturer.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote