Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Rihanna and Lady Gaga make the same type of music and have the same type of lyrics but they get poor reviews while they gave that Beyonce album 5/5 stars for the same music they make?
The only similarities between those artists that you listed is that you don't like any of them.

Quote:
They gave her those ratings because it was alot of hype around the way she released it not because it was such a innovative album.
They had to listen to the album and they gave her those ratings based off of the songs on the album but keep telling yourself that it was only because of the way it was released.

Quote:
I did not place her on the same level as Janelle. I said female artists like Janelle and Kelis are more talented and more interesting... and they are.
You might not have put her on the same level as Janelle but to even include her in the same sentence and say some wild crap like she's more talented and interesting is so way off base but that's subjective so whatever. You can feel that way but I don't agree one bit!

Quote:
She does a better Lady Gaga than Lady Gaga does herself.
Highly doubt that.

Quote:
You obviously have not listened to her entire discography or watched her videos.
I'm not going to listen to her entire discography because Kelis isn't good like that and isn't worth my time. I've heard enough from her and I find most of her material boring.

Quote:
Do you understand how marketing works?

Her team dropped that album with flashy videos attached to the songs during Christmas time. She did it after Lady Gaga released her album, after Justin released his album, after Katy Perry released her album and so forth.
She would have still gotten the same sales regardless of her competition.

Her team dropped the album without telling anybody which garnered hype around her release. Those initial sales were because of the way she dropped it. Not to mention you had to buy the album before actually listening to the songs. Whoever brought the album were bamboozled by a PR tactic. I know some people who got it that regret getting it because they said she was trying to hard and the songs sucked.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case that the album sucked so badly and people weren't able to hear it from their friends that already bought it and it spread worth of mouth that people actually enjoyed it. Why is it that David Bowie's sales barely made 100k using the same tactic? Since you want to chalk it up to only the way it was distributed and nothing else.

Quote:
No one doesn't talk about that album and the sells have dropped. Who still talks about that album or the songs? It has just been what 3 1/2 months since its released and it has already been old news.
That's fine no one you know in your small circle doesn't talk about it but it's still been talked about regardless of what you think.

Quote:
I did and I don't care for the album. I think she tries to hard, is shallow and follows trends. She was copying Lady Gaga and Rihanna all on this album and in the videos. At this point in her career, she should not be stripping half naked in her videos and her lyrics could be more maturer.
I wasn't talking to you with that last statement. that was for the OP. The reason I say you have a personal issue with her is because you've been slagging off Beyonce for what seems like forever. Even before she released her last album. I get it you don't like her, Lady Gaga, Rihanna or Jay-Z. Why shouldn't she be proud of her body? Stripping naked isn't something to be ashamed of. It sounds like you are slut shaming her and she's in a monogamous relationship with a child of her own.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote