Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The only similarities between those artists that you listed is that you don't like any of them.
No I was making a point.

Why is it okay for Beyonce to act like a slut in her videos but Miley Cyrus , Lady Gaga and Rihanna get bashed for it?

Why is it okay for Beyonce to Make fun of Tina Turner's abusive marriage to Ike Turner

Why is it okay for Beyonce to Make a song called Bow Down B#$%hes

But Rihanna and Lady Gaga are constantly dragged by the media and their distractions when they make similar songs and do similar things in their videos?

I am not a fan of any of them but I do notice that there is a unfair double standard when it comes to Beyonce. Just because I am not a fan of theres does not mean I can not acknowledge that some of their criticism is unfair when there are other artists that do the same thing that dont get criticized.

Quote:
They had to listen to the album and they gave her those ratings based off of the songs on the album but keep telling yourself that it was only because of .the way it was released.
I am not telling myself anything. I saw a few reviews that gave it a 6/10 and they said that the album sounds like the music that is already out on the radio and nothing new.

Why is it so impossible for you to consider that the hype generated by the way she released the album also played a role in how the critics rated it?

You are not being objective in this discussion because you are not taking into consideration that SOME critics rate songs and albums NOT just on the quality of the material.

Quote:
You might not have put her on the same level as Janelle but to even include her in the same sentence and say some wild crap like she's more talented and interesting is so way off base but that's subjective so whatever. You can feel that way but I don't agree one bit!
Kelis is more interesting to me because she actually has "personality" not just off stage but in her performances and in her music. She switches up her style and her genre as well. She does not follow trends or cares about chasing the charts. She is artistic, takes risk and is creative in her music, stage performances and music videos. She is fly. She covers a wide range of subject matter, writes her own music and plays instruments.

Check out this cool song from her upcoming album.
I think this song is better than anything Beyonce has ever released.

Highly doubt that.

Quote:
I'm not going to listen to her entire discography because Kelis isn't good like that and isn't worth my time. I've heard enough from her and I find most of her material boring.
What songs besides Milkshake have you heard DJ? lol

Quote:
She would have still gotten the same sales regardless of her competition.
Then why didn't she released her album when JT, Lady Gaga, Rihanna etc released there's if she would have gotten the same sells?

Her team is not stupid.

I don't even like JT but he still sold way more than she did and didn't have to do a silly PR tactic to get quick sells.

Quote:
If that's the case that the album sucked so badly and people weren't able to hear it from their friends that already bought it and it spread worth of mouth that people actually enjoyed it. Why is it that David Bowie's sales barely made 100k using the same tactic? Since you want to chalk it up to only the way it was distributed and nothing else.

I didn't mention sells not one time when I brought up David Bowie. David Bowie received acclaim for the QUALITY of his music, not for the sells. People were surprised because he had not released an album in 10 years. This man did not have the kind of commercial promotion Beyonce had. She had a tour, the Superbowl, the inauguration, etc AND then she dropped her album. Bowie did not have that...

He just dropped it with NO promotion.

Quote:
That's fine no one you know in your small circle doesn't talk about it but it's still been talked about regardless of what you think.
So are you reading my mind now? You don't know who I know or where I got the feedback that her album was not good. People talked about that album for a week and that was it. More people on the internet talked about it than people in real life. Regardless of what others think, the album simply was not that good period. That opinion comes from me actually listening to the album myself.

Quote:
I wasn't talking to you with that last statement. that was for the OP. The reason I say you have a personal issue with her is because you've been slagging off Beyonce for what seems like forever. Even before she released her last album. I get it you don't like her, Lady Gaga, Rihanna or Jay-Z. Why shouldn't she be proud of her body? Stripping naked isn't something to be ashamed of. It sounds like you are slut shaming her and she's in a monogamous relationship with a child of her own.
I don't slag her at every opportunity. lol This thread is about her album and I am just giving my opinion on it.

It is nothing wrong with being proud of your body but I find issue with a woman who calls them self a role model for young girls but then shows their ass in videos and acts like a slut knowing that most of her fans are young underage impressionable girls. You cant have it both ways. You cant say you care about children and then turn around and act like that in your videos. You cant be the slut AND the girl next door. I just think she does and says things for money doesn't really care about those young girls.

Janelle Monae is a better role model.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote