Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
lol. How can you not understand,

I don't understand people who make bold statements about another artists music but have not listened to their music to make a good judgement.

Quote:
and what does it matter?
It matters because a person should not be making a judgement about an artist entire discography when they have not listened to the artists entire discography.

Quote:
Apples or oranges, albums or songs, DJ's listened to her material, and that makes it fine for him to present an opinion on it.
It is not apples and oranges. He only listed her singles from various albums and did not mention albums he has listened to for himself.

Kelis is an eclectic artist. All her songs do not sound the same. She experiments with alot of different genres.

If that is his opinions thats fine.... but listening to five songs from various different albums is not a good judgement of her entire discography.

Quote:
And actually, you can't even listen to an albuinm; you can only listen to the songs on the album but whatever.

Huh?

This makes no sense.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

He made a bold statement about her as an artist and about her entire discography. Someone who has only listened to 5 songs out of her entire discography should not make bold statements such as that when they have not listened to all of the artists music, period.

Quote:
You're being ridiculous here asking for more than some of her well-known songs.

Kelis is not a mainstream artist. She only has two mainstream hits and that is Milkshake and Bossy. I am not asking him to mention unknown songs. He did not even mention albums or an album he listened to. All her albums sound completely different.

Quote:
Also, he mentioned an album earlier.
Clearly, he's familiar with an album.
No he did not

Quote:
What a thoroughly subjective statement.
This entire conversation is subjective.

Quote:
Are you an expert on music sales? I highly doubt you have the technical knowledge to even begin to make such a claim. Unless you can draw up some kind of factual-based comparison, this is just conjecture.
I don't know what your problem is but I have never said I was the expert of sale figures or anything of the sort.

DJ said that Beyonce's album initial album sells would have still been the same even if JT, Katy and so forth released there album when she did hers.

I disagree with that because there is past evidence that shows that she does not sell well when other artists drop there album around the same time she does hers.

For example, in 2011 when Adele released her "21" album she out sold everyone INCLUDING Beyonce. In fact Adele's 21 album went diamond!

Beyonce does not have a diamond album and Adeles 21 album is still selling till this day

Beyonces sales figures that were recently presented by Sound Scan shows that combining all 5 of her albums she has a total of 15 million albums sold.

I think this is a very very small number of sells for someone of her status. There are artists that sell 15 million off of one album alone.

Her initial sells for her latest album was due to the way she released it not because it was such a great great album with great great music. Her sells have died down though for that album.

She is not an artist that sells a lot in terms of albums.

She is more so a "singles" artist similar to Rihanna but Rihanna sells more singles.

Quote:
Can you provide ANY reviews from a respectable source that give a "rave" review for the reasons you describe?

A review is not going to say..." This is the best album of 2013 because of the way she released it" but I know that is why she got all those good reviews because the album sucks quality wise. When I have some time I will find some reviews.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote