Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #431 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Picked one of these up today. I watched a lot of reviews on it, listened to samples and thought I liked what I heard based on those, but upon taking it home and trying it out on my own, I am not so sure.

It is deft. a high gain pedal. BOSS is not lying when they say it is the one with the most gain. It has a sound I am not sure if I like at this time. Really high and not really low. The 2 band EQ is not the greatest.

I like the Metal Zone more for thrashy old school sounds, the 3 band works well. Has a more even tone.

I think this pedal is like what the Grunge was (in name only)... a pedal that is branded with an awful name, meant to sell more to people into a style of music. Doesn't really give a lot of what it is actually like.

Makes you think though, when reviews are done on these pedals, they usually do not tell you what their rig set up is, could be running a $3000 amp, and all that... so it gives you more an idea what it will be like when played on higher end gear.

I will keep it and see if I can figure out how to play around with it more, but I think I will be using my Metal Zone more.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote