Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become pussified?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Look Realtalk, it doesn't matter if you say "some songs" or "most songs" of today lack depth and substance–that's still the fallacy of composition and that's just not good reasoning.

You can not say that a few songs (you have yet to mention even a single song as of yet) speak for the majority of today's music.

Unless you, or anybody else that thinks today's music is "lacking depth and substance," can name 100 (random) songs from today and 100 (random) songs (100 is a statistically significant number) from 20 years ago or however long ago, that are comparatively better than the songs of today, you are just plain being ignorant of tons of music.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you're just engaging in an illogical argument that will continue to be illogical because the argument is subjective.
I don't have a problem in backing my opinion but can you please quote me where I said this was a fact?

This entire time I have expressed this is my opinion which I am entitled to have.

So why are you giving me a speech about my opinion being subjective when I never said that my opinion was fact?

If you disagree with it, that's fine... but don't say my argument is illogical just because you disagree with it. It comes off snobbish

Last edited by Soulflower; 03-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote