Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #438 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
So I spent the last 5 hours playing around with and taking apart my fender jaguar, trying to better intonate it, and fix the action a bit. I've been thinking, should I go out and take it somewhere to properly get it set up, or should I keep fiddling about with it? I'm getting a good tuner soon, so intonating it should not be a problem in the near future. I kind of figured it's about time I learned how to set up my own guitars anyway, I have a radius gauge so the radius is satisfactory, and I fiddled around with the truss rod and am fairly happy with the neck relief (I play hard and bend a lot). So should I keep mucking about and learn as I go?

Me babies.
She's a looker. I love the feel of a Jaguar body. It just molds really well with my form.

Depends on what you need it for. If you're regularly gigging, then I'd say get it to someone who knows what they are doing. If you're just an at-home type of player then by all means play around with it and learn. I probably don't have to tell you that there are thousands of tutorials and resources for properly setting a guitar up on the nets.