Music Banter - View Single Post - What are some music marketing tactics?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I don't see why you are not convinced when I told you her previous album in 2011 first week sales were not good.

Since she did not release her 2013 album the same conventional way, I can only go by the sales of her last previous album that was released the "conventional way" which had poor first week sales compared to her releasing her 2013 album that she released online and did not tell anyone. She sold 600,000 copies in 3 days releasing her album the non conventional way.

So I am not sure why you are not convinced it works.

It obviously worked.

But there is proof lol

I said I could not give you an EXACT number of copies sold if she released her 2013 album the conventional way because you wanted to compare statistics.

I don't see why you would need to know that when you can easily go by her previous albums sells. NONE of her past albums have sold 600,000 copies in 3 days besides this last one
How is going by sales of her previous albums evidence of anything? Her previous album sales within the first 3 days of their release could depend on a multitude of different factors, none of which are definite. These could include time of the year (i.e. close to Christmas or during the summer), gap between album releases, impact of lead single from album etc. I'm not saying for definite that it doesn't work, I'm just saying that there can't be any definite proof that it does.