Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #176 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Chrono trigger ive played but i don't think it's amazing as ppl say it is, i think it was a great rpg during the snes era but it's also over hyped as f*ck, it's like earthbound ppl would have you believe they were the greatest thing ever but the snes had FF3 (6) and Breath of fire 2 and Lufia 2 which is one of the best rpgs i played for the snes but it hardly gets any mentions.

I think Chrono trigger has a great premise but the gameplay it's fairly standard for an rpg (excluding the multiple endings concept)
But that's what made Chrono Trigger so brilliant. So far as I know there had never been an RPG, or a game in general, that had such a well-developed and immersive storyline. Everything about that game drew me in from the word go in a way that I don't think has ever been repeated. Maybe that's nostalgia, but it still made a huge impression on me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote