Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullying
Thread: Bullying
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Ahh the cyber bully. Yes. Right like I said the internet has been unreasonably kind to me over the years. Maybe because it knows I have stuck with it since the days of the dial tone, hiss, and MIRC. I dunno.

But I see it. I understand it. And I don't think it makes the bullying any less real for the bully or the bullied. I kinda feel like if the internet is the only place someone feels excepted whether they are socially awkward, live on an island, or whatever I feel like they should have this space to be themselves, and not be subject to the mockery and ridicule of others, that is un-welcomed. That's the key word, right there un-welcomed. They is always going to be playful jokes, or tasteless comments, and there is always going to be that one ******* that really ****s with you. But mostly I think with cyber bullying there is things that can be done to prevent it on both sides of the argument.

The bully should really sit back and realize that while yes, that person does indeed look like a beached beluga in those shorts and the God awful tube top, they don't need to necessarily tell that person that.

And the bullied really should ask themselves is this a picture of myself I want to live on in infamy? No? Ok good delete. I mean that is just common sense right there.

I write **** left and right, poetry, songs and ****. Do I clutter up Mb with it, good heavens no, not because I don't want to, but because I know I am not comfortable accepting criticism in that area of my life. I am comfortable posting in a journal (which I need to stop slacking on) about music I like and why I like it. But I am not comfortable sharing my soul with you guys. (Not all of you anyway.) So I don't put it up there. Everybody wins, you guys don't have to try and think of something nice to say, and I don't have to fret that no one will have something nice to say.

Same goes with the match making thread earlier. I was astounded by the amount of people that thought something that was created in good fun could be harmful to peoples self esteem, yet some of the people in the thread doing the bitching ended up really hurting a participant that had no problem with the thread. I was completely flabbergasted by the irony. I dunno I try to get on with everybody. **** do I know though. I like you all, honest to God. (Even WpN) NOW HOW BOUT THAT MOTHA****AS? BOOOYAH!
TLDR