Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #420 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

No contraception is 100% protective from pregnancy though, even if you use it near perfectly. Of course there are people who are obviously quite careless and don't use any or minimal protection, but then sometimes you can use the right kind of contraception but still get pregnant. That is the risk you take when you decide to have sex with someone!

As for me in terms of having kids, I don't know if I can conceive children because I have a condition of my ovaries, so it's a difficult topic to comment on. My husband and I are not very vigilant in terms of protection but I've never gotten pregnant so I'm lead to believe that I can't have kids! I would like to have children (love children, my whole career is based around them) but at the same time if there was a chance I couldn't have my own children I would probably be able to see the benefits of a child-free life. In that situation I'd probably like to foster kids who need support/parental figures, or provide a foster home for trouble teens or something. It would be difficult, but rewarding I think, especially if I couldn't have my own children.