Music Banter - View Single Post - Should music be free?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #66 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Tldr I kinda hate musicians who are in it for money, especially considering how much longer artwork has pretty much been free online, not to mention all the free reading material nowadays. What makes music a more valid work of art? It's high time it faced the same fate as every other HOBBY.
I disagreed with pretty much everything you said but the bolded part needs to be addressed.

I feel like maybe you have it in your head that being a starving artist is glorious and that people shouldn't be allowed to pay their bills off of their creations regardless of what you think of the quality of their work.

It doesn't matter what type of art you create, if that is what you choose to do for your lifestyle then you should be compensated so that you can live off of your passion.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote