Music Banter - View Single Post - How to Portray Emotion Through Music
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
MattMVS7
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedub Dude View Post
The best advice I can gove you is write from the heart. No way everyone is going to interpet your sound exactly how you meant it but there will be people who get it. If youre really tryin to convey emotion it will sound forced or you might get lost in thought thinking too much. Just let it flow man, thats what I do. Thats the most natural emotion youre gonna get dude!
But there would be no logic in this. In order to do anything right and skillfully, you need to have knowledge in order to do so. In my case, I wish to create music that portrays emotion that the general audience (practically everyone) can agree with. In order to do that, you would have to have musical knowledge of how the mind of the general audience works. There are many composers who are very successful at doing this, but it wouldn't be because they just created songs from the heart. If that were the case, anyone can be successful at anything if they did everything from the heart. I could be the next Stephen Hawking having no knowledge of physics if I just came up with scientific ideas of my own from the heart. Therefore, great composers clearly had some "musical guidebook to the human mind" of some sort and I wish to know where I can get it or what link there is on Youtube that teaches this.
MattMVS7 is offline   Reply With Quote