Music Banter - View Single Post - How Privileged Are You?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #89 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Some people say being "privileged" is something that you have to work hard to achieve but that is not necessarily true. We do not get to decide what socioeconomic household we become apart of when we are initially born. Hopefully, we are born into a descent and stable socioeconomic situation but that isn't the case for some people. Some people are born on the streets, into poverty or low socioeconomic standards. Who are we to say we "get to decide that" when we technically don't. When you are born into poverty or a low socioeconomically background, you are limited to your resources which inadvertently affect education, life style, etc. I like to think that I am privileged to certain opportunities that some people do not get to obtain. However, there are some that are more privileged than me and are open to more opportunities because of more resources. Overall, I feel blessed that I have been afforded the opportunities that I do have and am thankful that I was not born into poverty like so many others that did not get to decide that.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote