Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism vs. Classism
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I think this entire argument is trivial, as classism and racism is dependent on where you live. There's always gonna be someone somewhere that doesn't like you for practically no reason.

Although I gotta point out something hilarious.... I've worked with a number of Africans, black Africans, and they hate African Americans.
This is what you said:

Quote:
Also, as a woman, I consider all race issues in America trivial since my kind are raped for our holes in this day and age on the regular. You just deal with some lost opportunities and hurt feelings. ****in grow a pair, your grandparents did.
I thought this was offensive because I took this as you don't care about racism because you do not experience it and it is not a problem for you. Your last statement was outrageously ignorant.

Are you honestly mocking the Jim Crow Era???? Really??? You think that is funny?

Would you have liked it if your grandparents could not eat at a certain restaurant or was terrorized in their own neighborhoods because of the color of their skin?

If you think there are more important issues to worry about, fine but you dont have to be disrespectful and insensitive to people who do care about this issue and have experienced it.

This is EXACTLY why I made the comments I made earlier and I will just leave it at that.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote