Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #8434 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
1. I am familiar with black metal, though I agree, I'm not familiar with the entire genre, just a few notable bands like Darkthrone, which I've repeatedly tried listening to and can't stand-BUT that doesn't change what I've said because...
That's okay. Black metal isn't for everyone.

Quote:
2. I'm not at all talking about popularity here, Metallica's first four albums are quintessential parts of the heavy metal library, and that's simply indisputable. I've yet to hear of a black metal band that has had four critically acclaimed albums, let alone their first four.
Critically acclaimed by who though? You have black metal bands like Burzum, Darkthrone, Enslaved, Bathory, Drudkh and Emperor who have released a string of top-notch albums.

Quote:
3. I'm talking specifically about thrash metal being better than black metal using Metallica as an example of the success of the genre as a whole, which is why in my last post, I specifically said I'm not including the black album (and by extension, ANY of their albums after ...And Justice because those are not thrash metal albums) in this discussion. Read my post again bro.
I wouldn't necessarily say that thrash metal is better than black metal. Likewise I wouldn't say that black metal is better than thrash metal. It's all subjective isn't it? I just happen to like both genres equally.

Quote:
4. Never said Metallica is the greatest metal band ever. That would be an unpopular music opinion and I would agree with you lol.
I don't think they're the greatest metal band ever either. But I have been a fan of them since I was 14 and I've seen them live twice.