Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #88 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Much love. It fulfills all my PvP needs. When you explain it it sounds kind of boring but if you give it a shot its soo much fun. It took my brother a month to finally get me to play cause it sounded blah to me but after 3 games I was hooked.

There are a few different game types but the most popular and what Pro players compete on is a 5v5 map consisting of 3 lanes and a base on either side of the map for each team.

To make it short every 30 seconds 3 waves of minions leave each base each heading down a seperate lane(top, mid, and bottom) where they eventually clash. Each lane also has 3 rows of towers which will shoot minions or enemy players if they get to close. The object of the game is to push the other team all the way back into their base and destroy their "Nexus" building (the win condition).

The laning phase usually lasts about 10-15 minutes of where you try and kill enemy minions to acquire gold/exp and buy item upgrades and also kill the enemy's tower and them for extra gold. Each new game you start the champion you select starts at level 1(max level is 18) and as the game progresses each time you level you can put a skill point into 1 of four skills. Each champion has 4 skills and a passive they can use which may not sound like a lot but believe me the PvP does not get stale at all. League has ~120 champions all with unique skills and play styles which keeps things very entertaining, and they have new content coming out all the time.

After laning phase ends there are a few different strategies but the rest of the game is based on strategic maneuvering to take down towers, creating optimal team fights, and picking off lonely enemies.

There are a few other aspects but this is a very basic idea of how the game works. Also, it's completely free and they rotate which 7 characters you can play for free every week. You can also permanently unlock champions with gold earned in game.

Edit: There is also a map that is similar to Arathi Basin where you just capture and hold nodes, which is all out PvP and little strategy. I play that one and 5v5 the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote