Music Banter - View Single Post - New TBS CD
Thread: New TBS CD
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
allysguitar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Irony
I just wanted to point out that O'Connell is the drummer, and has been there all along, Fred Mascherino replaced John Nolan. I agree though, I was dissappointed with the new CD too. I liked it and all, it's catchy as hell, but it's just not the same Taking Back Sunday I orginally loved. The lyrics aren't as deep, which I guess, in large part, has to do with John & Shaun leaving the band. It's a good CD, but it's not their best work.

They still rock live though. I just saw them at Warped on the 21st and they were amazing. I met Eddie Reyes and Mark O'Connell and they were two of the nicest people I've ever met.

One more thing: I don't like them being on MTV. It saddens me. Maybe I'm selfish, but I like feeling like I had the band to myself (even though I really don't because so many people know them anyway) and not having to worry about people always being like, "lYkE oMg!!!! tHoSe GuYs In ThAt OnE bAnD, lYkE tAkInG bAcK sOmEtHiNg R lYkE tOtAlLy HoTt!!! lYkE, oMg!!!" (It took me forever to type like that, and it's really annoying)
Blah. I don't care. I'm a selfish bitch.
allysguitar is offline   Reply With Quote