Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #8653 (permalink)
Zyrada
Avant-Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_City View Post
I was away from this thread for a while, but you guys got talking about the Beatles. Anyway, like I said everyone sees them through rose tinted glass, this whole 60's counterculture thing and all that. Now I'm assuming here many of you were born AFTER the 60's yes? Or maybe you were born right at the end and were too young to really remember. Most people I know that are of that generation where they grew up as teenagers listening to the bands of the 60's remember the Beatles as being rather standard. Now I will admit they're good, and their music is listenable, but essentially they're just the boyband of the 60's, just like One Direction (albeit 100000x more talented). That's just my opinion though. I do like the White album, but their earlier stuff is just kinda cheesy pop imo. They also kinda cashed in on the whole psychedelia thing because it was trendy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Also who cares about an artists intention? You can make great music even if you want to make money off of it. Never really understood the criticism there tbh
Exactly. A commodity can still be good art as far as I'm concerned.
Zyrada is offline   Reply With Quote