Music Banter - View Single Post - Fork in the Road
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Donner View Post
I'd also like to make it clear that I never asked Paul to follow suit, nor did I expect the kind messages and support for my decision from a handful of members that followed. I even got a phone call from Bob, just making sure I was alright.

This is true. When I read this post in the UCSB shooting thread I contacted Steph, I didn't want HER to feel like SHE was the one who had to go while 216/Dirty got to stay and spew that gawdawful crap in that thread and the feminism thread (both currently closed). I was thinking maybe I could get a petition going or something, she replied that she was only sure that she didn't feel like she could stay with that going on, and in fact requested the ban.

So the next day I had contacted some people I respect here about the idea of petitioning 216 off the board, would you be in favor of it (they all were), do you think it could work (this was not as certain), and while this was going on, 216/Dirty was spouting vile hideous misogyny in the shoutbox.

I was LIVID, I mean I really tried to ignore the little shit but how on EARTH could I ignore this. I'd had it. I contacted several mods and said that I wished to join Steph and requested a 30 ban, unless or until 216/Dirty was gone. This thread followed that, and he was permabanned within an hour.

I also wanna say something that I've wanted to say since this thread started almost two weeks ago. The OP to this thread may be the highest compliment I've ever been paid. Thank you Neo

*edited to add: I shoulda known better than to link to the shoutbox archive, it's already off by several pages
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 06-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote