Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #882 (permalink)
neardeathexperience
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
harmonies, well probably group harmonies yes, but stuff like Because is magnificent. And better singers...Brian and Carl are great but as solo singers I prefer John and Paul over Mike. And Carl and Brian were more limited than Paul and John. But of course Beach Boys' group harmonies were best ones on the earth.

But I still would not say Beach Boys had better singers when it comes to individuals. Or to be more specific, Brian and Carl might have beat John and Paul in one category, but J&P were more capaple for example singing straight rock n roll while still able to master heavenly ballads. And one must not forget George. Or Dennis. But they weren't technically extraordinarily good anyway. Great still.
I'd say the Beach Boys offered a strait ahead harmony that was suited to the style of music they made, but the Beatles were just much more suited to numerous styles of songs as previously pointed out. They could sing Anna then launch into Roll Over Beetoven which the Beach Boys could have never done!
neardeathexperience is offline   Reply With Quote