Music Banter - View Single Post - KISS- why not retire??
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #505 (permalink)
Musicwhore A-Z
Music Addict

HUGE Kiss fan here! I don't think they should retire pe se, I do think there are certain ASPECTS of Kiss that should be retired though. Most notably the makeup and outfits. AND the merchandising! For all intents and purposes, the image BELONGS to the original lineup only, no matter what business arrangements the guys made between them. It's nothing less than disgraceful, to be kind.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in the band. It's just UNCOMFORTABLE seeing them dressed as Ace and Peter. They're both solid players who don't need to mimick two original members. Of course, I can't blame them one bit for doing it though. They've earned their place in a VERSION of Kiss. No matter how wrong Gene and Paul are for that decision.

At the end of the day though, it's the SONGS of Kiss that are most important to me and always have been. The image was simply the icing on the cake. Still, it's a lethal combination that has yet to be matched by ANYBODY in the history of American popular music. They definitely put a new spin on an old idea. It worked! Great comments everybody pro AND con.
Musicwhore A-Z is offline   Reply With Quote