Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #1977 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Amen dude.

Also... Horror Show is Iced Earth's best album, no doubt about it. If you see any copies of Plagues of Babylon, burn them, IMMEDIATELY. I liked the first song then hated the rest so much I ended up hating that one too.

Glorious Burden should be your next stop, two excellent vocalists working together and 'High Water Mark' especially is quite a treat for anyone with vague wishful thinking that the South had won America's civil war. Lots of those Halford-esque high notes.
Most definitely I doubt. It has great songs, but the concept is goofy and cheapens the atmosphere of the album. It is certainly their last classic album though. I'm just bummed they never went all out and rerecorded Night of the Stormrider with Matt Barlow. That would have been their best album hands down.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote