Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal!
Thread: Black Metal!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #268 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Alright so I've listened to quite a lot of that list Batty, and these are the highlights for me so far:
  • Deathcrush is easily the best album I've heard so far, really really like that one. "Chainsaw Guts****" is the most intense and brutal song I've ever heard.
  • I.N.R.I. by Sarcó***o is a close second. While I sincerely think Cainsaw Guts**** is the single most intense song ever, I.N.R.I. takes the cake on the most intense album ever. Those beastly death growls are so ****ing sick.
  • All of Bathory's first three albums are great. Now that I'm more exposed to what kind of black metal I like, these albums have kind of dropped out of favor for me, but they just don't have many flaws at all. They've got that perfect balance of lo-fi for the atmosphere, but it doesn't sound ****ty, it sounds really atmospheric, and those ambient tracks are really spooky. Also the sampling is stellar, like for the opening on "Call from the Grave" with the sounds of graves/tombs moving. I almost didn't notice that at first, but that's really cool.
  • Hellhammer is really a hit or miss for me, though they have some good riffs.
  • I just started listening to December Moon by Morbid and I'm still going through it, but it's pretty good. Got to love those beastly growls on "From the Dark."
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote