Music Banter - View Single Post - Hypothetical: If the Nazis Were Right Would You Agree with Some Form of the Holocaust
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
to go back to batlord's question of why didn't they just sterilize... in retrospect i would modify my answer to say that the germans weren't particularly concerned with being 'humane' and the only times when they made decisions to spare jewish lives was when they thought they would be useful for forced labor.
I don't know, cause they had their own weird, twisted justifications for what they did and how and why they did them. Like they insisted on the exterminations, at least in the camps, as being sort of a medical procedure to save the German race. The only people allowed to choose who lived and who died, the only people allowed to handle the gas, the only people allowed to actually "push the button" to release the gas were doctors, as if all of this was legitimate medical treatment. Why they insisted on this while the Einsatzgruppen and Sonderkommandos were massacring people on their own I have no idea, but it certainly does make their mindset kind of hard to fathom.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote