Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #5544 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

1. You are the main protagonist of a comic book series. What's the series about?
I have this idea about a young musician who has had some success and decided to try and meet all of his idols, the people that influenced him and shaped his work. When he tracks them all down they turn out extremely dark and unsettling.

2. What is your perfect weekend evening?
I hate myself for being this boring but probably getting steaming with friends and a nice soundtrack. That or seeing a good live band.

3. What was your most recent injury and how did it happen?
I banged my head to an extreme walking out of a low level shop. Properly headered a concrete wall. This happens a lot. I'm clumsy and tall.

4. If you could meet any one of your idols, who would it be and what would you do?
I'd be scared to meet most of my idols, not even because I wouldn't know what to say but because I'm scared they'd disappoint me. For instance Woody Allen is a hero of mine and one of my biggest influences as a writer and filmmaker - but with allegations in the media it pains me to think that someone like that has managed to have such a profound impact on me.
I'd probably meet Paul Thomas Anderson or Stuart Murdoch from Belle And Sebastian because I both adore their work and seem to have a lot I could talk to them about.
I'd be terrified to meet David Bowie or Bob Dylan or David Lynch. Terrified.

5. Who was the last person tell you they loved you?
I actually don't know. And that kind of hurts. But I can't remember the last time I said it to somebody either. I'm not very open.

6. Where's your favorite place to hang out by yourself and get some alone time?
The ocean. Anywhere quiet with a beautiful view. I live in Dundee so either down to the Tay or up a hill called The Law suffices.
James is offline   Reply With Quote